Friday, February 17, 2012

I would be braver. I still have a lot of things that I could do better. Taking the first step is always the hardest.

2 Samuel 10:12 (New International Version)

Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The LORD will do what is good in his sight."


I still have a lot of things that I could do better. Taking the first step is always the hardest. Being afraid can suck the life out of you.
Fear is a strange and dangerous thing. It only exist in our own mind. We can be in a room full of people and none of them might be afraid of the same things we are.

It is the most dangerous and destructive emotion because it can render a person immobile at the times when they most need to move forward.

I have wrestled with many fears over a lifetime. Being afraid of the dark when I was very young. Being afraid of what others thought of me as I grew older. Being afraid of failure in relationships and business  in recent years. Being afraid that I have grown old and the world has passed me by as I struggle with who I am and what I want to be now that I am all grown up.

The thing I find it hardest to do is give those fears up to God.  Listen to the following song called "Our God" by Chris Tomlin. If you don't want to listen to the whole thing go to the 2:37 minute mark and listen to the lyrics:
And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us? And if our God is with us, then what could stand against us?




This is a lesson I learn over and over again. Telling others what you really think is the hardest thing to do. Do it and you will find a freedom that most people, will never achieve. Do it with kindness but do it and your world will be yours and no one else's to command

I have found there is only one way to be fearless. . A friend recently asked me what do you do when you are afraid of something. I responded I either run and hide or shoot to kill. But the fact is in the past I have done neither one. I have frozen like a rabbit and waited for my fears to finish me off. So what is the real trick to becoming fearless. I have heard many people say face your fears and they will go away. Sometimes that is  just too hard. The best way to become fearless is to come up with a plan to face them. Ask God and others for help and of course follow through with the plan.

So What are you afraid of and how do you plan to deal with it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment