Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dance Every Chance You Get



Dance especially with those you love and those who love you.
Ecclesiastes 3:4 (New International Version)
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance




"Daddy want to see my new dance?" Beautiful words from my daughter. " Well of course," I say. Seeing the joy on her face as she glides across the floor focusing on each step she learned in her dance class just fills me up. I can't wait until the father daughter dance I know will come some day in our future.

I have rarely seen an unhappy person on the dance floor, it is an amazing feeling to let the music coarse through you. It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from, dancing is an experience that will provide memories for a lifetime.

I have heard many people over the years say I don't know how to dance or I don't like to dance. Well now is the time to learn. You will find the simplest steps still can make you feel wonderful after spending a little time on the dance floor.

My wife and I aren't great dancers but we like to dance. I love to hold her in my arms and see her laugh when I spin her or even when I mess up. We don't go out dancing but we dance at wedding receptions and have pushed back furniture at home, put the right music on and danced in the living room. When there is a dance floor in a bar we are in we dance.

Dancing is a great way to connect with the ones you love. You not only spend some time together but you share a love of the activity. You don't have to be good you just have to dance.

When you are sad and need a pick me up, dancing is a great thing to do. Find your favorite music and just dance and see how it makes you feel.

Life is too short not too. Dance every chance you get. Dance with the ones you love. I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment