Saturday, August 6, 2011

I would listen more closely to what my heart says:

Proverbs 23:19 (New International Version)

Listen, my son, and be wise,
and keep your heart on the right path.



It's a complicated thing to be right. Usually that means someone has to be wrong. I see my friends lean to the left or lean to the right. Sometimes they fall right into the middle. Many times they fall on their faces because they covet values that the rest of society use to control them and when it doesn't work society will change direction leaving them to wonder, What just happened.? Most of them have a hard time letting their heart guide them. They listen to the radio, TV and read Internet, magazines and post that sensationalize everything and I do mean everything.

Today 31 US troops died in a helicopter crash. People will take sides on this one. Some will say we should have been out of Afghanistan a long time ago, some will say we should wipe out a whole race of people for the sins of a few, even fewer will grieve over the loss of these wonderful young people.

 The US bond rating was lowered for the first time in history. America's finances are in turmoil and many still live day to day wondering what tomorrow will bring, while others say, "this doesn't affect me.". 
 Thylane Loubry Blondeau is making news for being a sexy magazine cover model. She is 10 years old. Many are outrage at this use of a child, some defend her and the child herself wants to know what all the fuss is about.

All of these will bring outrage and mistrust and even confusion to those that wish to follow their heart.
Life is no longer simple, we can't drive the car we want, wear the clothes we want or even eat the food we want without someone commenting. We are at war with a government that wants more and more. People have chosen sides and not always for the right reasons.

They chose Democrat or Republican because their parents chose to be one. They want security, freedom, and sometimes just to be left alone.  It's hard to see the grey areas, when things are suppose to be black and white.
If you look closely over a lifetime the parties change to fit the mold that gets them elected. The Democratic party of John F. Kennedy became the Republican party of Ronald Regan. The one thing that never changes is that everyone else wants you to believe what they believe and believe in there right or wrong.

In most cases I have chosen to look at both sides and pick option "C". There is always good in moderation. Some think that makes me wishy washy. Some think I sit on the fence to avoid conflict. Many think I am dead wrong. Those that know me think I chose silly over commitment. All are probably right at some point along the way.

I have chosen to follow my heart. I stop and listen to what people have to say. I research information in my own way. In the end, I have to choose my own path.

Does this make it easier for me? Well the short answer is: not really.

I see people that are unhappy all the time and I say to myself that will never be me. I will always be poorer than someone, not as pretty as most and my body hasn't been perfect since I started balding long ago. I can match wits with anyone even though my education may not be as arduous as theirs. 
My faults sometimes have become my greatest strength.  So when I have to choose I listen to what my heart has to say.

 I choose to follow my heart when things get tough and most of the time it doesn't let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment