Thursday, October 1, 2026

Eight Years Later: The Andy Returns

It's been a while. The last time I posted here, George H.W. Bush was still alive, the Royals were two years removed from a parade, and I had more hair. Life happened — family, work, road trips, and about 124 restaurant reviews I didn't know I was writing for an audience of millions.


Eight years is a long nap. Rip Van Winkle sent me a card. It said, "Amateur."


Turns out I became a Level 7 Google Local Guide while this blog took a nap. 988 photos, 3.3 million views, and a lot of tenderloins later, I figured the writing should wake up too.


So here's the deal going forward: better trips, honest food, smarter gear, and the occasional top-ten list — because some habits don't die. When I link to something I use and recommend, I'll say so up front. Some of those links pay me a small commission at no cost to you. You'll always know which ones.


First up: the five-star list. Nine places out of 63 food reviews earned the top mark, and I'm going to tell you why — starting with a tenderloin in North Kansas City that you will not be disappointed by.


— A. Quintin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment